Seeking diversity and inclusion advisory round table members
Are you passionate about diversity and inclusion and have a lived cancer experience either as someone diagnosed, a caregiver or family member? Are you looking for ways to contribute and share your expertise/experiences to improve cancer support? Are you interested in creating more inclusive spaces through thoughtful, open and honest dialogue? Wellspring Calgary is seeking volunteer members for our new Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Round Table.
In our 2021-2026 strategic plan, Wellspring Calgary committed to diversity and inclusion efforts as an imperative. This means ensuring that all individuals living with cancer who need support – including those diagnosed, caregivers and family members – experience Wellspring as welcoming and inclusive; ultimately seeking to ensure that no one has to face cancer alone.
The Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Round Table members will advise Wellspring Calgary’s Senior Leadership Team with respect to the diversity and inclusion imperative.
Wellspring Calgary is looking for individuals who:
- Have knowledge, living or lived experience with marginalization, racism, significant barriers to accessing community-based supportive care or the health care system. Examples might be: members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community, racialized groups, Indigenous people, newcomers to Canada, and those living in regional and remote communities across southern Alberta (Red Deer south to the Canadian border).
- Have had a cancer experience either as someone with a diagnosis or as a caregiver.
- Are invested in the Wellspring mission, vision, and values:
- Our Mission: Wellspring Calgary is a warm and welcoming community that provides a comprehensive range of support, resources and programs so anyone living with cancer and the people who care for them can improve the quality of their lives.
- Our Vision: No one has to face cancer alone.
- Our Values:
- Respect: a diverse and inclusive community where all of us feel accepted and valued.
- Community: a safe and caring environment where members experience a satisfying sense of connection, belonging and empowerment.
- Compassion: share in the experiences of our members by listening to their stories, being responsive to their needs, and communicating with genuine kindness.
- Empowerment: instill strength and hope in members and provide programs and resources that will help them build physical, psychological and emotional wellness.
- Are interested in moving Wellspring towards an even more inclusive space through thoughtful, open and honest dialogue.
- Want to participate in a safe and brave round table space.
- Presence and engagement, contributing time, knowledge, expertise and experience.
- Review and advise on Wellspring strategies, initiatives, and communications related to diversity and inclusion.
- Provide advice and counsel on policy development as it relates to diversity and inclusion.
- Contribute to a safe space for difficult conversations, growth, and learning regarding Wellspring Calgary’s diversity and inclusion imperative.
- Provide consultation to staff on difficult societal issues that the organization needs to respond to.
- Provide consultation and feedback to staff on barriers to membership, program access and participation for diverse and underrepresented communities.
- Would consider seeking input from their broader respective communities and advocacy groups on issues related to diversity and inclusion in the cancer context.
- Honour an environment where mutual support, trust, respect, teamwork, creativity and a sense of humour are valued approaching our integral efforts in a good way.
What’s the commitment?
A two year term (or less), renewable. The Round Table will meet a minimum of 4 times per year with a mixture of in-person and zoom meetings, based on what works best for Round Table members.
- Engagement conversation
- Volunteer application
- Resume or overview of career and lived experience
- Sign off on Wellspring Calgary Code of Conduct and Confidentiality agreements
Please contact email@example.com for more information.
To apply, complete the Wellspring Volunteer application form and we will be in touch soon.