How your investment makes a difference
Wellspring Calgary’s program offerings are built on four integrated pillars of support:
- Educational: To inform, enlighten and guide people living with cancer, from diagnosis through to treatment and beyond.
- Movement and Meditation: Indoor and outdoor programs featuring physical and mental exercises to increase strength and resilience, build fitness, manage stress, and calm the mind.
- Caregiving and Self-Care: Providing opportunities to meet with others who have been there, share experiences and benefit from caring for yourself and others.
- Expressive Arts: Encouraging self-expression through visual art, writing, music and more.
Wellspring Calgary also offers a stream of support focused on participant’s specific situations:
- Money Matters: Confidential, solution-based one-on-one support with issues related to drug coverage, insurance, finance and employment.
- Young Adult Support: Programs exclusively focused on the unique needs and issues affecting young adult cancer survivors and their families.
- Kid Friendly: Designed for their families in which a significant adult has cancer, this program brings families together for connection, education, support and coping strategies.
- Living with a cancer that may never go away: Exclusively for those living with an incurable, metastatic, chronic, advanced or Stage IV diagnosis, this program offers a chance to meet up, connect and lessen the significant stigma that often accompanies this particular diagnosis.
In addition to these, we offer the following additional supports and services:
- Speaker Series: Featuring leaders who share information about cancer, wellness, and healing.
- Peer Support: One-on-one conversations with trained volunteers with similar, shared experiences.
- Energy Sessions: Providing opportunities for members to experience Healing Touch, Reiki, and Therapeutic Touch.
- Child-Minding: To ensure that parents can take part with confidence.
- Resource Library: To meet the informational needs of those we serve.
- Community (External) Groups: Offering meeting space free of charge for cancer support groups and programs.
Our mission is to provide a comprehensive range of support, resources and programs so anyone living with cancer and the people who care about them can improve the quality of their lives. We cannot do this alone. We need your help — so no one has to face cancer alone.
Click here for more details on all the programs and resources provided by Wellspring Calgary.
12 Month Rolling Participation Hours – Four Year Comparison 2015-2019
ROH – Randy O’Dell House
FC – Fountain Court temporary location
- 2018-19: 13% increase
- 2017-18: 8% increase
- 2016-17: 25% increase (opening of Fountain Court)
2019 Participation Hours* By Session
|Session||Carma House||Fountain Court/Randy O’Dell House**||Offsite||2019 Session Total (vs 2018)||% of 2019 Yearly Total Participation Hours (vs 2018)|
|Winter (Jan – Apr)||7,983||4,812||760||13,555 (12,291)||33% (35%)|
|Spring/Summer (May – Aug)||7,301||3,901||1,420||12,622 (10,926)||31% (31%)|
|Fall (Sept – Dec)||9,116||4,695||864||14,675 (11,965)||36% (34%)|
* Includes Energy Sessions, Peer Navigation, Potential Member Tours and Visits, Money Matters, MM, Training and Workshops, Chaplain/Transition Coach 1:1, Facilitator Training Shadowing
** The temporary Fountain Court location closed Aug/Sept 2019; Randy O’Dell House opened Oct 2019.
Note: Does not include online courses, which started to be offered in March 2020.
Distribution of Participation Hours by Pillar
|2019 – % of total||2018 – % of total||2017 – % of total|
|Movement & Meditation||37%||36%||33%|
|Caregiving & Self Care||14%||13%||14%|
|Core & Educational||12%||13%||14%|