REMOTE PROGRAMS ARE NOW AVAILABLE FOR MEMBERS!
Wellspring Calgary is working diligently to create remote programs for you, and we are making positive strides everyday! Check here https://wel.gametime.net/auth to see what is now offered by phone or via Zoom, and please give us a call at 587-747-0260 if we can help you in any way.
Click Here for a SUPER EASY guide for using ZOOM.
Here are links that might be helpful to you during this difficult time of isolation:
News and Info:
- IMPORTANT: If you will be applying for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) you MUST have registered online with CRA. To do this please visit this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/e-services-individuals/account-individuals.html The online application is anticipated to be up and running on April 6th. Eligibility for this program can be found here: https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/economic-response-plan/covid19-individuals.html
- Here is the link for those applying for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/benefits/apply-for-cerb-with-cra.html#who
- Visit https://canada.ca/coronavirus for the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 or contact the Government of Canada’s information line at 1-833-784-4397.
- To support student loan borrowers during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Government of Canada has announced its plan to pause the repayment of Canada Student Loans until September 30th, 2020, with no accrual of interest. Pending parliamentary approval, these measures will become effective March 30th, 2020. This will include pre-authorized debits. We will provide more details shortly. https://www.csnpe-nslsc.canada.ca/en/home
- 2019 Income Tax deadline is now June 1, 2020 instead of April 30, 2020
- There are several free tax clinics available through the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (must be low income, have a straightforward tax return, no self-employment/business/rental income, not be filing on behalf of a deceased person, have not filed for bankruptcy recently, and not have capital gains/losses).
- Free Tax Clinic information and locations can be accessed here: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/community-volunteer-income-tax-program/need-a-hand-complete-your-tax-return.html Please check that the clinic is still running by contacting them directly.
- Deferral of mortgage payments may be possible for up to 6 months through 6 Canadian Banks due to COVID-19:
https://www.660citynews.com/2020/03/18/6-canadian-banks-to-allow-deferral-of-mortgage-payments-by-6-months/ Please speak directly to your mortgage lender.
- For a quick view of what’s going on in the world around C-19 visit https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
- Enmax relief programs for customers: https://www.enmax.com/news-events/news/reliable-service-customer-information
- Calgary resources and guidance: https://calgaryeconomicdevelopment.com/covid-19-guidance-and-resources/
- More local resources – a detailed list of free resources including a restaurant offering free meals: https://globalnews.ca/news/6698910/coronavirus-resources-available-to-calgarians-amid-covid-19-pandemic/
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) is for Canadians who have lost their job or are caring for someone with C-19. Click to see other qualifiers: https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/news/2020/03/introduces-canada-emergency-response-benefit-to-help-workers-and-businesses.html
Tips and Support:
- Expert advice on cancer and common ailments: https://myleapmagazine.ca/2020/02/24/expert-advice-on-cancer-and-common-ailments/
- Jud Brewer, a psychiatrist and neuroscientist who specializes in mindfulness and habit change post daily videos on his YouTube channel on how to work with these uncertain times and also gives tips on how to develop healthy mindful habits…. https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6sRqjtLfiTTni7oXKpSj2cQ9290lkpKH
- Cancer and Covid-19: http://www.cancer.ca/en/support-and-services/support-services/cancer-and-covid19/?region=on
- Tips to reduce stress, talk to children, and stay connected in these COVID-19 times. Two new podcasts featuring Dr. Nicholas Mitchell, AHS Addiction and Mental Health Medical Director: https://soundcloud.com/ahs-communications
- Mental health support: https://www.royalalex.org/news/texting-program-offers-covid-19-mental-health-support/
- Info and tips from AHS: https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/amh/Page16759.aspx
- Live 10 percent happier during coronavirus: https://www.tenpercent.com/coronavirussanityguide
- Community organizations – current status: https://wellspringcalgary.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Community-Organizations-Current-Status.pdf
- Wellspring Calgary sites: Special supports and resources for seniors: http://thewayincalgary.ca/
- AHS Text4Hope: https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/topics/Page17019.aspx
- Food delivery: https://crackmacs.ca/covid-19/food-delivery-in-calgary/
More Free Support:
Good News and Kindness:
- Good News with John Krasinski: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5pgG1M_h_U
- The Good News Network: https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/
- Kindness abounds: https://www.womansday.com/life/inspirational-stories/a31668524/coronavirus-acts-of-kindness/
- Free music performances during C-19: https://www.cbc.ca/music/music-in-the-time-of-covid-19-live-performances-you-can-stream-from-home-1.5500113
- These adorable BC brothers create a song called Stay Home – scroll down to video: https://www.delta-optimist.com/news/coronavirus-ladner-brothers-get-the-word-out-with-stay-home-song-1.24100270