ACCESS WELLSPRING PROGRAMS ONLINE!
CLICK HERE to register for our free ONLINE PROGRAMS in GAMETIME (our online registration).
For help with GAMETIME, click here for a SUPER EASY guide for using ZOOM.
NEW TO WELLSPRING? WELCOME!
Please complete our ONLINE MEMBERSHIP FORM and once you have submitted it you will receive a Welcome Letter and you can go ahead register for programs!
Here are links that might be helpful to you during this difficult time of isolation:
News and Info:
- The Canadian Cancer Society introduced “Cancer and COVID-19” – a webinar series offering support and information to people with cancer and their caregivers. The latest episode features the Honourable Dr. John Haggie, Minister of Health and Community Services, Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Visit https://canada.ca/coronavirus for the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 or contact the Government of Canada’s information line at 1-833-784-4397.
Canada’s COVID Self-Assessment Tool app: https://ca.thrive.health/
- There are several free tax clinics available through the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (must be low income, have a straightforward tax return, no self-employment/business/rental income, not be filing on behalf of a deceased person, have not filed for bankruptcy recently, and not have capital gains/losses).
- Free Tax Clinic information and locations can be accessed here: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/community-volunteer-income-tax-program/need-a-hand-complete-your-tax-return.html Please check that the clinic is still running by contacting them directly.
- For a quick view of what’s going on in the world around C-19 visit https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
- Calgary resources and guidance: https://calgaryeconomicdevelopment.com/covid-19-guidance-and-resources/
- Advanced care planning – Important during COVID19: https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/dwdcanada/pages/4530/attachments/original/1586374644/DWDC_Toolkit_Advance_Care_Planning_and_COVID19.pdf?1586374644
- A comprehensive guide to resources including free Alberta Mental Health services: https://calgaryunitedway.org/covid-agency/
Tips and Support:
- Canadian Partnership Against Cancer offering support and resources: http://links.partnershipagainstcancer.ca/m/1/17750443/02-b20128-65d023e2d5fd4091972b5410dc75de7b/1/97/2534cc38-f0b3-4c14-8d0d-4f79387aafc9
- Mental Health support – Health Canada offers free calls with social workers or psychologists: https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/news/2020/04/government-of-canada-connects-canadians-with-mental-wellness-supports-during-covid-190.html
- Expert advice on cancer and common ailments: https://myleapmagazine.ca/2020/02/24/expert-advice-on-cancer-and-common-ailments/
- Jud Brewer, a psychiatrist and neuroscientist who specializes in mindfulness and habit change post daily videos on his YouTube channel on how to work with these uncertain times and also gives tips on how to develop healthy mindful habits…. https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6sRqjtLfiTTni7oXKpSj2cQ9290lkpKH
- Cancer and Covid-19: http://www.cancer.ca/en/support-and-services/support-services/cancer-and-covid19/?region=on
- Tips to reduce stress, talk to children, and stay connected in these COVID-19 times. Two new podcasts featuring Dr. Nicholas Mitchell, AHS Addiction and Mental Health Medical Director: https://soundcloud.com/ahs-communications
- Mental health support: https://www.royalalex.org/news/texting-program-offers-covid-19-mental-health-support/
- Info and tips from AHS: https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/amh/Page16759.aspx
- Live 10 percent happier during coronavirus: https://www.tenpercent.com/coronavirussanityguide
- Community organizations – current status: https://wellspringcalgary.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Community-Organizations-Current-Status.pdf
- Wellspring Calgary sites: Special supports and resources for seniors: http://thewayincalgary.ca/
- AHS Text4Hope: https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/topics/Page17019.aspx
- Food delivery: https://crackmacs.ca/covid-19/food-delivery-in-calgary/
More Free Support:
Good News and Kindness:
- High school students launch a hotline featuring positive messages for seniors: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/high-school-hotline-seniors-1.5529610
- Good News with John Krasinski: (Episode 1): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5pgG1M_h_U (Episode 2): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oilZ1hNZPRM (Episode 3): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg08rJGKjtA (Episode 4): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQLi2GYVULc (Episode 5): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1zIgTwENPg (Episode 6): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IweS2CPSnbI
- The Good News Network: https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/
- Kindness abounds: https://www.womansday.com/life/inspirational-stories/a31668524/coronavirus-acts-of-kindness/
- Free music performances during C-19: https://www.cbc.ca/music/music-in-the-time-of-covid-19-live-performances-you-can-stream-from-home-1.5500113
- These adorable BC brothers create a song called Stay Home – scroll down to video: https://www.delta-optimist.com/news/coronavirus-ladner-brothers-get-the-word-out-with-stay-home-song-1.24100270