Health professionals and community partners play an essential role in cancer support through diagnosis, treatment and survivorship. Wellspring Calgary aims to provide emotional, social, and restorative supports for people impacted by cancer. Together we can enhance the standard of care to people impacted by cancer and ensure that no one has to face cancer alone.
Here are some ways we engage with our health professional network:
- Wellspring Calgary is introduced to new cancer patients at the patient orientation session at the Tom Baker Cancer Centre.
- Our Speaker Series often features highly respected oncologists, researchers and other leaders in the cancer and health industry, and is open to all.
- Health experts sit on our Board of Directors, and Program and Speaker Committees.
- We work closely with Dr. Harold Lau (head and neck cancer patients) and Dr. Jackson Wu (patients living with an incurable cancer) on joint initiatives to support patients.
- We work closely with cancer patient navigators including: Indigenous Navigators, Adolescent Young Adult Navigators, and rural Patient Navigators.
- Alberta Health Services Social Workers refer patients to Wellspring.
- Physicians, oncologists and nurses frequently refer patients and caregivers to Wellspring as a community resource during and/or post-treatment.
- Wellspring Calgary sits as an Expert Member on the Alberta Health Services Provincial Advisory Council, Cancer.
- Through our Money Matters program, training is provided several times a year to social workers and health care professionals on provincial and federal income replacement programs.
- The Money Matters program has built a collaborative partnership with the AHS Allied Health Professional Practice Team Calgary Zone for the purposes of sharing information and training for social workers across the province.
How can you help?
- Refer your patients to our online membership form.
- Share our resources. See below for the latest Wellspring Calgary general awareness posters.
- Sign up for our Cancer Support Update e-newsletter on the right-hand side.
- Get access to Wellspring Calgary’s Program Registration system (GameTime) to help patients register for programs. Contact Wellspring Calgary’s Southern Alberta Lead, Rebecca Perkins at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- If you are interested in participating in our Speaker Series or collaborating in program development, reach out to Sheena Clifford, Program Director at email@example.com
- If you want to learn more about our Southern Alberta Strategy, contact our Southern Alberta Lead, Rebecca Perkins at firstname.lastname@example.org