What you can do to help.
You enable us to fulfil our mission to serve people living with cancer at no cost to them. There are so many ways to get involved with Wellspring Alberta. Choose from the options below to start making a difference in people’s lives today.
People living with cancer in Alberta are fortunate to have exceptional medical resources to treat their disease, but where can they turn for help with the mind, body and spirit aspects of a cancer experience?
At Wellspring, we understand that cancer can have a profound effect on the person diagnosed and their loved ones. They need a place to turn when they are feeling fearful, uncertain and alone. They need to be around skilled and caring people who get it, and can offer compassion, support, practical information, and tools to cope. They may need help navigating the employment, financial and insurance challenges of cancer.
Wellspring was founded in 2007 with a mission to meet the emotional, social and practical needs of people living with cancer. Our vision is to ensure no one has to face cancer alone. Since inception, we have continually grown to meet the demand for cancer support and we have expanded our services to meet the needs of all those living with cancer across Alberta.
Wellspring offers a vast array of evidence-informed programs and services, all free of charge and without referral to any Alberta resident who has cancer, as well as caregivers and family members. Programs and services are available online, over the phone, and in person.
Wellspring does not receive core government or agency funding. Instead, we rely on the generosity of the community and people like you to ensure no one has to face cancer alone.
Your generosity reopens doors and improves the lives of all those we are privileged to serve. Thank you for considering Wellspring.
Let’s have a conversation about the positive impact you wish to make through your charitable investment. To answer your questions, please contact our Resource Development team at 587-747-0260 ext. 1234 or email email@example.com.
* Based on unaudited financials.
Support Wellspring Alberta
Join the Wellspring Community
Raise Money or Support Others
Improving quality of life
The impact of your investment
Wellspring programs positively affect communities by directly improving the quality of life for people living with cancer, their caregivers and their families by:
- reducing the isolation often experienced by people living with cancer through a warm and welcoming supportive community
- providing a comprehensive range of evidence-informed programs, services and other resources that address the non-medical, but vitally important other needs of cancer patients, their caregivers and families, and the community
- providing support to important unpaid family caregivers, thereby reducing the burden on an over-burdened healthcare system
- positively addressing the short and long-term mental health concerns experienced by some when diagnosed with a life-threatening illness
- improving productivity through transitioning supports that assist in returning to work
- meeting its mission to provide vital, essential services in a highly cost-effective manner, specifically by utilizing exceptional and well-trained volunteers
- offering vital emotional and practical support to Albertans facing cancer, therefore reducing the burden on the healthcare system and preserving scarce healthcare resources