Money Matters is a solution-based program offering members a confidential one-on-one meeting with a case worker who can help with drug coverage, insurance, work related issues and finances related to cancer costs. To learn more about how we can assist you, please contact either Meghan Holub, Carma House NW – 403-521-5292 ext. 312 (Monday to Friday) or Cherie Ratté, Fountain Court SE – 587-747-0260 ext. 1006 (Thursdays and Fridays only).
For more information about this program please CLICK HERE to watch this informative video.
We provide information on:
- Provincial government financial assistance programs – Alberta Works, AISH
- Federal government financial assistance programs – Employment Insurance, Canada Pension Plan (Disability and Retirement) benefits
- Drug coverage – employer coverage, personal coverage
- Information on Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- Community emergency assistance
- Charity funding options
- Affordable housing options
Through our Money Matters program, we also offer members assistance with:
- Reviewing and completing forms
- Employment and finance related information
- Finding answers to complicated questions
- Connecting with community resources
Money Matters also offers the following clinics with one-on-one appointments, free of charge for members:
- Financial Advice Clinic – Meet with a Certified Financial Planner to discuss your financial situation. Clinics run monthly.
- Wills Clinic – Meet with a lawyer to have a Wills package completed. One referral per month. Based on financial eligibility.
- LTD and Employment Law Clinic – Meet with a lawyer for a free 30-minute consultation regarding employment and disability issues, offered every second month.
- Annual Income Tax Clinic (April) – Based on financial eligibility.
*Appointments are available Monday to Friday at Carma House (1404 Home Road NW), or Thursdays and Fridays at Fountain Court (#120, 703 – 64 Ave SE). Phone appointments are also an option. To book your appointment, please call either Meghan Holub at 403-521-5292 ext. 312 (Monday – Friday), or Cherie Ratté at 587-747-0260 ext. 1006 (Thursdays and Fridays).
Wellspring’s Money Matters program is generously supported by:
Michael and Heather Culbert & Family,
Muehlenfeld Family Foundation, and